Google

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Waterparks of My Dreams

.

In the latest issue of Wired Magazine there is a short article about modern water rides. It really got me thinking about what I used to consider the most awesomer water ride around. Man, have times changed. I remember the Hydro-Chutes were in my hometown for a while but they made them really bumpy on purpose so you couldn't get any real speed going. We all drooled over the Hydro-Tubes (note the subtle difference) a few miles down the highway which were flat, fast, and practically lethal. Needless to stay they were shut down after a short while.

Do you know of anything like the rides they talk about in that article? I wonder if there are really things like this all over but we just never hear about them in my lonely neck of the woods.

If you haven't read it, Wired is a really cool mag! "WIRED delivers the intelligence readers need on the topics that matter most: Technology and innovation. Science and medicine. Business and global
politics. Arts and culture. The best new products and more." Couldn't have said it any better myself!

The print version is only $10 a year, and the online version is even better - free! They also break down RSS feeds into sections so you can bypass the topics you deem as less enlightened.

So what is the greatest water ride you've ever seen or ridden on? Let us know here.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just went to King's Island in Ohio for a company trip and they have a good sized water park there. They had one of these "Hydro funnel thingys." I didn't get the opportunity to go on it (line was too long), but it sure did look fun. They had an observation deck to checkout the action.